Certified Hoshin Planning Facilitator
In an increasingly ambiguous and volatile world, effective strategic planning is becoming a core competency for any business or operational leader. Yet, this discipline is under-developed in many organizations. At worst, immature strategic planning processes can reduce rather than increase coherence across an organization.
Successful strategic planning requires expert facilitation and the application of proven state-of-the-art methods to make best use of the combined brainpower and creative diversity in an organization. Strategic plans can then predictably exploit the best opportunities and result in strategy execution that works.
This certification program is designed to build the relevant skills for those working in a strategic planning or strategy execution role. Participants will learn how to validate and update strategy, how to translate this strategy into a coherent strategic plan, how to align it with the entire organization, and how to keep the execution of this plan on track throughout a planning cycle by engaging leadership, management, and employees in a facilitated approach to strategic planning and execution.
Participants will become familiar with concepts in strategy creation and how to connect these to Hoshin Kanri-based strategic planning. Specifically, the course will give students foundational knowledge in the Hoshin Planning process, how to use its tools for strategic planning, and how to manage a facilitated strategy execution process. Certified students will graduate with the skills of Hoshin Planning as well as the ability to manage the Hoshin Planning process to deliver results through monthly and annual strategy reviews.
Demonstrating their newly acquired skills in one annual planning cycle and its execution will make the certified participants invaluable enablers for structured strategy creation, strategic planning, and strategy execution. During the course, participants will also learn how to use the i-nexus strategy planning software to map and manage their strategic plans across all levels of an organization.
After completing this course participants will:
- Understand the breadth and depth of the body of knowledge around strategy development, planning, and execution
- Know how to validate a given strategy and ensure it is robust
- Know how to translate this strategy into a strategic plan that works using Hoshin Planning
- Know how to keep the execution of this plan on track
After successful certification, participants will be able to:
- Apply state-of-the-art approaches for strategy using a dynamic, facilitated approach
- Use Hoshin Planning as a disciplined approach to strategic planning
- Support and orientate company leaders in strategic planning activities
Mission-critical for reaching these objectives is the willingness to read and reflect, seek expert-coaching where needed, and to continuously sharpen the required influencing and facilitation skills.
What is the price of this training and education?
What is the length?
Who is this training and education appropriate for?
View the Complete Agenda
- Overview strategic planning
- Reverse-engineering a strategy
- Key elements of strategic planning
- Assessment of an organization's strategic planning
- The discipline of strategy in strategic planning
- Capturing the current and future state and the journey
- Tangible Outcomes: Breakthrough and Annual Objectives
- Introduction to the Hoshin Kanri strategic planning process
- Developing strategic initiatives
- How to deploy and implement strategy throughout an organization
- Catchball: deploying a strategic plan to the entire organization
- Lean methods for managing a portfolio of strategic initiatives
- Digitized business processes for strategic planning and execution
- Daily management: the foundation for strategy execution
- Creating a culture of cascaded accountability
- Dealing with resistance and difficult behavior
- Dealing with conflicts
- Designing systems of metrics to monitor and steer strategy execution
- Final exam
Given my previous years of experience, I came into the meeting feeling I had a solid footing on the tools and implementation methods of Hoshin Kanri. I found those assumptions challenged and myself humbled within the first two days, where we delved into much of the why of Strategic Thinking and Planning and how the process of Hoshin Kanri organically provides a viable methodology to identify, grow, and sustain progress.
Kristin Garau, Director of Continuous Improvement, Global Metals
Lydall Gerhardi GmbH & Co KG
What I liked most was the way the training structured Strategy Planning & Execution into an end-to-end process rather than only tool-focused discussions. Lean Methods Group made a great effort to create a logical flow, starting from how to evaluate an existing strategy, ending with how to use Lean Management in day-to-day operations to ensure execution and sustainability of the strategy.
The trainer, not only explained how the process flows and tools work, but also heavily emphasized the philosophy of Strategy Execution which should be in the hearts of all professionals working in this field. I strongly recommend this training to professionals who are working in the area of Strategy Planning & Execution.
Kubilay Balci, Founder
Lean-SixSigma.org Strategy Execution
I have been paying out of my own pocket for this class. It is worth it every cent.
BPM Plus Inc.