Innovation and Design Tools
Unlike most creativity courses that focus only on idea generation and design courses that focus only on refining existing ideas, this course teaches you a diverse set of tools within a complete roadmap that takes you from problem identification to ideation to implementation to commercialization.
The Innovation and Design Tools course follows a systematic innovation roadmap, D4 (Define, Discover, Develop and Demonstrate) to identify unmet customer needs, generate ideas to fulfill those needs, analyze the most promising solutions and test the end product/process. It enables you to do this within a purely innovation context, or as an enabler to your Lean Six Sigma program or project.
D4 Pipeline. Define, Discover, Develop, Demonstrate
This course offers you the opportunity to work on a real business issue with guidance from the innovation experts behind The Innovator’s Toolkit: 50+ Techniques for Predictable and Sustainable Organic Growth. As a participant, you’ll learn the authors’ unique approach for innovating and designing new products, services, processes and business models.
Techniques learned and applied in this course include but are not limited to:
Jobs To Be Done
Six Modes of Thinking
Prototyping & Piloting
With a hands-on, applied focus, this course teaches innovation and design tools in a workshop environment—complete with interactive lectures, practice exercises for each tool, simulations, and individualized mentoring on your real problems and challenges. You’ll practice solving mini problems and case studies throughout course and apply the full spectrum of thinking and tools to solve a bigger problem toward the end.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Solve business problems using a variety of innovation and design tools.
- Understand how the outputs of some tools flow as inputs into other tools along the chain of innovation and design.
- Identify unarticulated customer needs and get to the heart of your innovation and design dilemmas.
- Discover alternative solutions using innovative problem-solving tools.
- Develop ideas into solutions and demonstrate success with prototyping and piloting.
- Apply a roadmap for innovation and design to solve business problems with measurable success.
What is the price of this training and education?
What is the length?
How many CEUs are available?
Who is this training and education appropriate for?
What other materials are included?
- The Innovator’s Toolkit: 50+ Techniques for Predictable and Sustainable Organic Growth, by David Silverstein and Phil Samuel.
- Insourcing Innovation: How to Achieve Competitive Excellence Using TRIZ, by David Silverstein.
Are there any prerequisites?
Pre-class reading assignment