Lean Leader Course and Development Program
With a constant push to reduce costs and provide products and services faster, there’s no room for activities that don’t add value to the customer. Yet waste and inefficiencies can be disguised and difficult to identify and remove. This course enables you to uncover and eliminate unnecessary activities that slow processes, create waste and add unnecessary cost, so you can focus more on activities that matter most to your customers.
The Lean Leader Course provides a comprehensive introduction to key principles and practices that can be applied in any environment, including service, manufacturing, healthcare and transactional business. Participants also learn about leading Lean Kaizen events using our five-step SCORE roadmap and take home the how-to guide detailing the method: A Team Leader’s Guide to Lean Kaizen Events.
In an engaging and experiential workshop-like environment, Lean Methods Group experts take complex topics and make them easy to understand and apply through powerful exercises, group work and simulations. One hands-on simulation asks participants to streamline a value stream in light of the many complexities, including people, processes and technology. This creates a memorable experience when instructors guide the group through how it can double or triple output by simply modifying the process.
Whether you are new to Lean or have previous knowledge, you’ll find the practical application and results-oriented focus of this training particularly useful. At the end of the course, you’ll walk away with the know-how to get started with each of the Lean tools and identify and execute improvement efforts in your organization.
A certification option is also available for Lean Leader, including mentoring and completion of real-world projects. See below for more information.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Lead Kaizen rapid improvement events.
- Construct value stream maps to guide focused improvements.
- Identify waste and recognize opportunities where Lean approaches can improve processes within and between departments.
- Select and apply the appropriate Lean methods and tools to reduce various types of waste.
- Collect the knowledge required to pass the Lean Leader certification exam.
If you prefer on-site training, we can customize this course for healthcare, manufacturing or transactional service environments.
What is the price of this training and education?
Lean Leader Course: $3,575
Lean Leader Course & Certification: $5,575
Lean Leader Course: €2,999
Lean Leader Course & Certification: €3,875
Lean Leader Course: £2,599
What is the length?
How many CEUs are available?
Who is this training and education appropriate for?
What other materials are included?
- A Team Leader’s Guide to Lean Kaizen Events, including a CD-ROM with valuable templates, motivational posters, team charters and usable worksheets.
- An electronic copy of all templates used during the course.
- Access to case studies, tools, templates and eLearning modules to reinforce learning and enhance application.
Are there any prerequisites?
Completion of the following eLearning modules (part of the Lean for Team Members materials):
- Introduction to Lean
- The Eight Types of Waste
- High-Level Process Maps
- Does this course include eLearning?
While there is not a specific Lean Leader eLearning course, the Lean Methods Group does provide related material. The 21 modules of our eLearning Lean Concepts and Tools complement the course and provide useful review of the topics taught.
- Does this course count as one of the electives for the Master Black Belt and Lean Master programs?
- How do I know if Lean Leader training and certification are right for me?
Visit our article "Lean Leader: Is It Right for You?" for more information and FAQs.
View the Complete Agenda