Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training develops people into team leaders and problem-solvers who can regularly improve processes within their local areas and functions.
Following the disciplined Six Sigma DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) roadmap, this course teaches you how to collect and analyze performance data, identify inefficiencies and problems, pinpoint root causes, and institute new protocols to greatly improve processes. In addition to teaching the complementary methodologies of Lean and Six Sigma, this course also provides skills in leading teams through the process of change.
Another valuable aspect of the Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Green Belt course is the inclusion of several creative-thinking modules that can be used to dislodge a team’s thinking when members are mired in their own assumptions and familiarity with their own processes.
Most importantly, this course has a practical and applied focus. Taught by expert instructors with real-world experience, this course features interactive lectures, group exercises, process and tool simulations, individual exercises and the application of learning to a real improvement project in the workplace.
Through mentoring and coaching, instructors provide direct and focused support so participants can successfully pass their final exam and complete their project to gain Green Belt certification.
For the online version of this course, please visit Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Online for information and registration.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define, design and execute DMAIC projects.
- Apply such Lean concepts as 5S, waste reduction, mistake proofing and value stream mapping.
- Formulate basic statistical analyses to determine the relationship between key inputs and process outputs.
- Apply DMAIC to solve business issues and transition projects from phase to phase.
- Effectively manage team dynamics and recognize how to work with leadership.
- Prepare and present project reports and presentations to instructors, peers and management.
What is the price of this training and education?
What is the length?
How many CEUs are available?
Who is this training and education appropriate for?
What other materials are included?
- Minitab 17 software license
- Access to eLearning content, including quizzes, exams, tools and templates.
Are there any prerequisites?
- Recommended reading
- What requirements must the workplace improvement project meet?
The workplace improvement project must remove waste, reduce defects, increase on-time delivery or otherwise achieve an important performance goal.
- How do I know if Green Belt training and certification are right for me?
Visit our article "Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: Is It Right for You?" for more information and FAQs.
View the Complete Agenda